Well...Piglet passed.

I was worried about emissions but...

is

at 2750rpm - 0.05 c02 and 5ppm good?

at natural idle

0.13% co2.
Reply to
Neil Brownlee

When you compare with the emmissions from somw areas of the world I would hazard a guess that yours is pretty good.

Reply to
Hirsty's

On or around Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:27:32 +0000 (UTC), "Neil Brownlee" enlightened us thusly:

I assume you mean CO... and yes, pretty good. what's it meant to be?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

When my 110 1998 is tested the ticket shows max allowed at 0.3 % ?? , depends on revs at time and oil temp comes into it somehow.

Reply to
Hirsty's

??>>> at 2750rpm - 0.05 c02 and 5ppm good? ??>>>

??>>> at natural idle ??>>>

??>>> 0.13% co2.

0.3% and 200ppm are limits for the 1997.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

That's what it is, I got it in Jan 98 but it was built 97 i think, so that would be right,

incidentally apart from changing oil and air filter just before the test how else can I reduce the emmissions. Last MoT showed 4 runs, 1 fail and 3 passes.

Reply to
Hirsty's

I've had a few jap cars in, that the emmisions tester won't detect to start so i've had to rev the vehicle to get it going result CO - 0.00% HC - 001ppm and CO 0.00% at idle Personally I like a vehicle to have a bit more "smoke" I think vehicles this clean are getting too much power for too little fuel so engine is more stressed IMHO

Andy

-- SWB Series 2a ( dressed as a 3) "Bruce" It's big it's mean it's really really green

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

On or around Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:41:10 +0100, "Andy.Smalley" enlightened us thusly:

f*ck that's impressive.

well, maybe, but I assume they're designed for it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles