nearly OT: Tachographs whats coming

I'd love to see em try to fit that to my IIa....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Thanks for the offer Ian but I gave up cigars long ago, now good currys thats whole other thing good luck with that one mate. Btw I have one marked RLD so I checked it in winzip -Red Light Districts my god is there no limit to this thing?. I know my area pretty well what screws me up are silly addresses like Oaken Farm nr Stockport once I have a post code its easy peasy , actually I know that farm as it belongs to friends but thats the kind of thing we have to put up with .

Derek

Reply to
Derek

They won't need to, they'll just legislate against you and make you scrap it, and me, mine as well.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

if you submit it to one of the gps sites (like here

) it will then show up asone of the easily downloaded ones in poiedit
which would be nice! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

POIEdit seems only to work with Pocket PC "bill gates on the move" hardware so I'll be leaving that one alone until they open it up a little!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I thought it would sync to any folder? Im sure i last had it sync the pois to the tomtom folder on my memory card which was just plugged into a card reader and sitting on a drive letter?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Not sure, I've only just got my Tomtom 910 and am still at the fiddling around, buying presents and gently caressing phase, not the "get out of my way" and "do you ever stop talking" phase. Given that I don't tend to use Windows I've not tried POIedit, just read the blurb which only mentioned pocket PC stuff.

I'll have a crack at it, I've installed the tomtom home app on a sacrificial windows box so I suppose I can install poiedit and give it a prod.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

It's a shame this Tomtom 910 I just stumped up for still doesn't understand OS GB format co-ordinates, that's what my local RoW group uses for rendezvous points, for good reasons. Now Tomtom have opened up their API it's possible to write modules that interface into the app, rather crudely it seems however, but it might be possible to write a programme that converts from OS GB format co-ords and creates a POI at that point, I might have a crack at that some day. ISTR though that conversion is non-trivial due to it not being a straight mathematical calculation.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Derek,

You can use this site to convert grid references:

Regards

Terry

Reply to
nemo2

Not on the 910 itself I can't ;-)

There's plenty of online sites that can do it, the OS themselves do one, but one built-in to the device would be useful. If I can be arsed I'll look into it sometime, at the moment I've got work, the house, the krautwagen and the plastic rocket to sort out so I won't hold my breath.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings