New Dales off-road ban in force

A ban on driving 4x4s and quad bikes on a number of tracks in the Yorkshire Dales has come into force.

The ban means that "off-roaders" will not be able to drive along four ancient tracks - once used by horse and carts - which cross the national park.

Gazza

1987 RR Classic 1998 P38 V8
Reply to
Gazza

Sorry to hear about that.

You should write a letter asking for the reason why to the superintendant of the park and cc: to his boss and to the other users of the park.

Perhaps it was due to damage by unruly riders. If you start a proper dialogue and work together such as have permits for usage, I will bet you can regain access to the park.

Good luck.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Vazquez Kb2Jpd

The way I understood the News on BBC 24 was that this was an extension to an already existing ban. Is there a new area covered?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

In news:dfbt9c$kfg$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com, Gazza blithered:

Do I read that right? 4X4 and quads banned but not trail bikes?

Reply to
GbH

Or thousands of walkers who churn up the dales every weekend. All down to money nearly every shop in the dales is a mountaineering shop or something for walkers.

I have 20ft of front garden where drunks fight ,Dogs Sh*t, folk tip rubbish even had a nicked car drove into it once. And they moan!

Have said before and will say again it's OUR countryside not theirs!!!!

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

When I read this I thought but who cares about all those green lanes that dissapeared under tarmac and became the mettalled roads that the majority drive on ?

Reply to
Larry

Yeah!!! rip the tar off I say... may as well given the state of them round here.. then uses the hardcore to surface the green lanes... erm.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D