New Landie Fan ... A good Dealer

Any have recomendationf for a good LR dealer in Souther England ( Hampshire ) I was thinking of buying a reconditioned 110 from Liveridge or TJC ? Also though or broklynn and LD & TC Willetts in Grantham ?

Thank you for any advice you can give

Reply to
me

I used Liveridge and would use them again without question. I also recommended them to two friends, both of whom are very happy with their purchases.

mike

Reply to
taylormr

Worth a google on TJC on this group. Though they may be improved , I've heard no horror stories recently

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Sorry, I'd have to put in a word against Liveridge. A friend of mine was recommended to purchase a 110 CSW from them and a couple of years later it looks very shabby. Quite a lot of it was wrong from the start

- the Mantec rear door wheel carrier was mounted incorrectly, the rear windows had exposed rivets holding them in, interior light was a reversing lamp, random carpeting instead of headlining, delivery times were way off.

Plus if I were to spend 10 grand + on a rebuilt vehicle, I'd want it to be on a galv chassis. Not simply one that had had most of it's outriggers replaced and a new rear crossmember which two years down the line looks about 10 years old and seriously rusty. Body cappings are seriously corroded as well. Rear seats looked terrible as well - they never took the plastic out from under the screws, just tore the plastic coverings round them and you can see remains of it through the back windows.

I don't know why, when they're rebuilding the things anyway, and they're not particularly cheap, they don't go the whole hog and have a policy of replacing the chassis and regalvanising all the little bits that should be, plus the bigger bits like the bulkhead. An extra thousand pounds onto the price is not going to make a massive difference to the people that buy them, and it would be a great selling feature. Especially if they used stainless fixings as well where appropriate.

I don't suppose the original poster fancies doing it themselves? ;-)

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

Yeah but I brought my wreck from them too and I think that was definately overpriced in retrospect.

Reply to
Larry