What's A Good Deal On a New Z06?

I've pretty much made up my mind on trading in my '98 C5 Convertible for a Z06 within the next 60 days. First dumb question, can one be special ordered in white? If not I want a yellow one with navigation and the six spoked wheels. What price should I be looking for on a trade in? My C5 has 98,000 miles on it and I'm pre approved for financing so they're not going to make anything off the financing. If they gave me 25k for the C5 and charged me

65k for the Z06 and 2k for the factory extended warranty, I would be financing around 42k which is right around what I'm pre-approved for and can afford. Is this realistic? If not how much do you think I'm going to need to come up with? Or maybe should I consider a used Z06?
Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Ive run across a couple dealers that are selling the ZO6 at sticker price instead of adding on market value. If i were you, id sell your C5 outright in Corvette Trader magazine and on Corvette internet Forums ; youll get more money for it. However, if your C5 has problems with it, better to trade it in .

Reply to
dave

======================== Well good luck... Personally (and I am NO expert) but i think you are not very realistic .

But I honestly do not think a dealer would give you 25K trade in for a 98 convertable with 98,000 miles on the clock...I do not know if you even could get that much for the car in a private sale..

I also wish the dealers would sell the new Z06's at sticker...all seem to still be asking more then sticker...at this time finding one for 65 K is highly unusual. . But Again what do I know...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Hey, he can dream can't he. You have it figured pretty close Bob.

First off the '98 will go for more like 15/17K in a trade, maybe, and the new Z06 will not be under 70/75K. Some of the high mileage coupes are in the 14's at dealers now. You won't see a Z06 in the next 60 days that is available even for those figures. It's always best to purchase a sporty car as spring is just over the horizon for better dealer profit. If you order one it may well be a 2007 before you get it, even at the 70K price, with just over 4 months production left for the 06. My guess is that even the 07s will be hard to get for under

70K if it runs anything like the C5 Z06 did.

I don't normally modify the Corvette I drive very much but strongly considered having a Lingenfelter package installed just to keep the Z06s in sight. Talked with them several times, even visited their facility, got my pricing, had a date setup I wanted, and was ready to go. Didn't do it, they would never commit to a date of completion, and left the door open for it to sit there until they got to it. Notes like " it will take longer if you want your heads back" just open ended their delivery date. Never gave you a feel for how much "longer" was and that was just one of the statements like that.

So I'm back on my dealers long list that makes me feel like it may be some time in late '07 before I get anything. The thought of paying more than list will even keep me out of that deal if it ever comes about.

Reply to
Dad

Wait another year. They are still charging $5000 or so over msrp. Go to corvetteforum.com and check out some msrp and z06 threads. There are dealers selling them at msrp but they are just a few. Since the z06 c6 is new for

2006, there are not too many used ones. I just bought a c6 2006 - my big issue is that you cant take the roof off on a z06.
Reply to
Dan J.S.

I took it to a shop with a very good reputation today. The only problems was it needed a new tentioner, both belts replaced and the coolant reseviour was leaking and needed to be changed. Plus it was time for an oil change and a radiator flush. All that cost me $575. They couldn't find anything else wrong so now I feel I can sell it. The NADA say's $20,100 low, $22,575 average, $24,100 high. Once I replace the console lid and a good waxing, it will be in excellent shape. What do you think I should ask in South Florida?

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Now that the car has a clean bill of health I'm not so worried about keeping it longer. What month would you say the ideal time to sell the '98 and buy a used '06 Z06?

I also have a 10lb NOS kit from a '98 Jaguar XK8 I had. It's the kit with the remote bottle opener but I'll need to get another carbureted plate or fogger too. You think it would help fetch a better price to install it on the '98? I don't think I'd need it on the Z06.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

[...]

REPLY: My opinion, is, no. They will most likely think you beat on it with the NOS. You could use the NOS kit to close the deal should someone be interested in that though.

Reply to
dave