Value of 110

Hi, all. I'm having a bit of a lifestyle dilemma at the moment and am considering parting with my pampered 110 in favour of a discovery. (V8, of course!) My 110 is an early hardtop version (1983 "A") retrofitted with side windows to the front of the rear upper sides, and still with the correct twin sliding front windows. (It was mentioned in the May LR monthly, the white motorsport recovery unit taking part in the tour of Mull rally) Spec as follows:- Galvanised chassis Perfect 3.9 V8, EFI and H/D radiator LPG conversion, 90ltr tank behind centre bulkhead. ZF4 autobox Heated front and rear screens H/D suspension

1 rear inward facing seat 31-10.5x15 tyres (nearly new, not remould) Vented discs at front (with new calipers!) Body rebuild c/o 2 years ago, with new bulkhead, screen frame, all 3 doors, wings and bonnet. No accident damage, the bulkhead had rotted away and the door frames were following suit! I had the wings and bonnet lying so just fitted them as well. My problem, what the fraggle is it worth???? Without any of the recovery kit, obviously. Any thoughts welcomed thanks, folks. Badger.
Reply to
Badger

On or around Thu, 26 May 2005 19:42:55 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

I've taken to looking at ebay to gain insight into vehicle prices recently - seems to be quite a reliabel guide to what things are actually selling for, as opposed to what people are asking.

I can offer you a disco...

new ticket (well, it will have, when I get around to actually selling)

's "only" a 3.5 though...

email me for a full spec and description, if you like.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm looking for "V" or newer, Austin. Sorry. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Fri, 27 May 2005 09:20:15 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

bah. far too much to go wrong on 'em :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Maybe, but...... I've found what looks to be an extremely nice 2000 3.9 XS Auto that will fit the bill nicely. Next issue, it's too new/expensive/nice to go doing motorsport recovery work with, so...... Looks like I'll keep the 110 for the motorsport, buy the disco and sell my bmw 330dSE (boo-hoo, sob-sob-sob). I'll miss it, it's been a lovely car to drive and oh, what an abundance of torque! Hmmmm.... looks as though I'm going to have to do a gas injection jobbie quickly! Badger.

Reply to
Badger