Nil tax on 95 disco

Hi I was just browsing on ebay anyone got ideas as to why the road tax is nothing on this dicovery I guess we would all like to be able to do the same

Alan

Reply to
alan brown

Alan

Interesting I would guess that there has been an error on the part of the police authority disposing of the vehicle who like a disabled person disposing of a tax exempted vehicle should have surrendered the disc

way I would be wary of running the motor, failure to display a VALIDtax disc is an offence as is failing to notify the licenceing authority of achange of taxation class .Derek

Reply to
Derek

either way I would be wary of running the motor, failure to display a > VALID

All of our local Police Authority vehicles have paid up Tax disks....which is nice! No such thing as a free dinner. I'd be highly highly highly suspicious of that sale.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The vehicle has to be illegal - no - it is illegal - you drive this on a road and they will take the vehicle off you and you will probably get arrested.

Andy

Alan

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

On or around Mon, 19 Sep 2005 01:27:09 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

> either way I would be wary of running the motor, failure to display a >> VALID

only thing that's free apart from old ones are disabled or ambulances, ISTR. In the former case, it's not transferable unless the buyer is disabled as well, in the latter case you have to make it available as an ambulance in case of civil emergency or somesuch, both IIRC.

Reply to
Austin Shackles