NoLoss - Captive valve tyre cap?

Lee_d pointed to the Roverworx site where these were mentioned*

Anyone know if they're available in the UK, if so, where from?

Mother

Why not just buy them from Roverworx

They work out at about 10 quid with a couple of dollars for postage probabily

Help him with his 101 fund !

Rich

Reply to
Rich Clafton

On or around Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:09:04 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

why not get they cute ones with a pressure gauge built in?

they supply locknuts and ickle spanners to help prevent 'em falling off or being nicked.

got a bunch for the 2 discos here.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yebut... Will Charlotte remember to put the feckerz back on?

The NoLoss ones are attached to the valve :-)

Reply to
Mother

I already have. That wasn't the real point of my posting.

I was thinking that I'd never seen them, and as they appear to be the muts-nuts, thought this odd.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:13:13 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

true. The tyre monitor ones are dead cute though. and showed up a leaky rim on mother's (not you) disco, on which the tyre wasn't sealing - after about a week, the thing went yellow, and after about another week, it went red.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ah - could be handy for Charlottes Disco (Tim, did you say you'd had it looked at?). NSF is losing shedloads of air. Odd actually as Grumble is losing a lot from the same, NSF wheel... P'raps they're both members of the same Union ;-)

Reply to
Mother

On or around Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:38:00 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

hehe. 'course, you still have to fix the leak. But these modern tyres we have now can look pretty much normal yet still be down at least 5lb over what you wanted 'em to be, 10lb on some, without being noticeably "soft".

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I bet the kids here would manage to get them off even with the locknut thingys!

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:59:54 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

probably - the locknuts aren't proof against, for example, pliers. however, you can't just twiddle them undone with fingers once they're locked.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yep, it had it checked twice and apparently it isn't leaking. I think it's probably worth having it off the rim and refitted with a new valve.

As for tyre monitors, have you looked at

I'd like them on the 101, but as they are competitors I'd be shot at dawn...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs