Power steering conversion for 90

After a 20 year break, I've recently re-joined the LandRover owning fraternity with the purchase of 1990 90 2.5TD hard top.

My missus generally approves, but would approve even more if it had power steering. Can anyone give me an idea of what the parts to do this would cost? The farmer next door is selling a 1989 90 2.5TD pickup which has PS, and an engine with half the number of miles that mine has done, but a much rustier chassis. I have first refusal but I'm trying to work out what it's worth to me (and whether that's much different to what it's worth to him !).

Thanks

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Williams

You can get a complete set off e-bay for around £50 - 75. Easy nut and bolt job but only a 90/110 pump will fit, RRC and Disco ones foul the chassis as I discovered the hard way. Make sure you get the mounting bracket for the pump with the set up as its no longer listed and would be around £75 on its own.

Sean

73FL74 101GS 1984 110 2.5N/A Medway Military Vehicle Group
Sean Ryan