NOS or secondhand seatbelts required for SII

Evening all

I'm looking for some lapbelts for the SII. Would prefer them to be authentic, the grey type, not 3 point etc. Definitely don't want modern looking ones, it has to at least look original if I can't get hold of something contemporary.

The belts fix to the vehicle bulkhead mounts with small shackles. Anyone got any for sale, secondhand OK as long as they are good, new ones even better, or even a link to somewhere selling them.

Ta very much.

Reply to
wayne

all the original SII seatbelts i have seen have by now been fairly useless. They seem to age somewhat (they seem to rot and fray unlike the modern belts).

I found some in the shed the other day and was going to use them as straps to lift an engine with - but decided that i didnt trust them to take the weight!

If i were you i would try to get something remanufactured or find some new ones that look right.

I may still have the shackles hanging about (not sure if i have both parts though - but definately the horseshoe shaped bit). Tell me if you want them. They were in the pile of bits to chuck out the other day!

My mate is also currently doing up a SII. that had the original seat belts in when he started, so they may still be in the back. I will check with him later. They were adjustable length (so non-iniertia reel) shoulder/lap ones though.

Reply to
Tom Woods

so snipped-for-privacy@lardrover.co.uk was, like...

Hi Wayne

I have a set of belts (outside front seats only) from when I fitted inertia belts in the S2a. They are the originals (1971, 70k miles) as far as I can tell, grey and in good condition, and complete with the original bolts and fixing shackles (I'll check this later if needed). They are the 3-point static belts with the shoulder strap, which may not be what you want, but they look the part and are quite usable. I just found them a bit awkward to use and was driving around with only the lap belt on, so I decided to upgrade to modern inertia belts.

If you're interested, let me know here (reply address is a spoof).

Reply to
Richard Brookman

what you want, but

Thanks for that Richard, and Tom. Thing is, these belts are for one of the Pinkies. There is already a pair on one of them but the one I want to MoT next week needs a set. I >could< swap them over but I still need to find a set eventually. I only need lap belts, not the 3 point jobbies.

It's the little details that are taking up the time, everything else is more or less done.

All the best

Reply to
wayne

Have you tried Graham Holding?

ang on, (re-read original) "these belts are for one of the Pinkies." ah, I see "one of", just rubbing it in again eh Davies? Well I've got your mark matey, better watch yerself around these parts, the locals know you now y'know and will hurt you very badlymuch next time you darken the hallowed turf of Sheffield (unless you're in 'one' of them Pinkies, obviously...) :-)

Oh, did I mention FOAD by the way?

Reply to
Mother

Call that venom? PAH! I fart in your general direction...

Look, if I let you have a go in it will that make you happy?

Reply to
wayne

Enough to give you my sisters phone number...

Reply to
Mother