What to do for front bumper??

This car is "custom" and it doesn't have front bumper, and i guess its illegal to have no bumper. Can someone please help me to decide what to do?? I don't want to ruin the look, cuse it looks cool with no bumper in front. I was thinking T bar, but they are exspensive and come in 4's, i only need 2. (the rear has the bumper) You should be able to find the pics at photos.yahoo.com/skilled_fifty_sixers then look under "the mower" and you can see some differant angles. Thanks a bunch ~peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

meo san

I had a custom 1973 Super Beetle. Rattle can desert camo.

I used a 2 x 4, detailed with a blow torch, and bolted to the brackets for my front bumper.

But I guess this isn't what you're looking for.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

that link didn't work. What is it?? Ya, i don't think a 2x4 in front will look too..."custom" hehe

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

Reply to
meo san

"Nxqzablesk8er" wrote

The link works for me, you just have to copy & paste the next line under the `clickable' part. Or, for your convenience, here's the condensed version:

As far as having no front bumper being illegal, it depends on the laws in your state (assuming you're in the US).

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

What about the mounting of the bumper, what would i need? THere are no holes for the bumper. check out photos at photos.yahoo.com/skilled_fifty_sixers to see what i mean.

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

how can i get them to mount if i don't have holes in front?? photos.yahoo.com/skilled_fifty_sixers

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

On 27 Jul 2003 04:36:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Nxqzablesk8er), who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 10:08:08 -0400, travis scribbled this interesting note:

Don't mess around with the amateur tools, go ahead and buy the Milwaukee Sawzall...you'll be much happier in the long run!:~)

(BTW, a reciprocating saw is about the best thing since sliced bread...wait! You can use it for that too!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Never thought of using 1 to slice food up with but I would bet you could carve a turkey pretty fast with 1. I carved a turkey once and it ended up looking like someone had taken an axe to it. Over and over again.

Randy

RSMEINER

"Nxqzablesk8er" wrote

photos.yahoo.com/skilled_fifty_sixers to

If you want to go back to stock looking bumpers and brackets or even if you want to use those t-bars shown in that link, you'll probably need to change the front fenders to ones with holes for the brackets. Are those steel fenders or fiberglass? I have no experience with fiberglass fenders but if they are, maybe they have the cutouts started on the back side so that you can punch them out if you want the holes there. I dunno. I've never seen brackets come up from underneath like you mention in another post but that doesn't mean they aren't out there ... maybe a custom made thing. I normally prefer a bug with bumpers on it but yours looks good like it is. If you like it that way you should check the laws in your area to see whether it's legal.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

Scott, thanks for the info. They aren't fiberglass, they are off of a 60's bug. Do you think where they put those billet lights is where the bumper comes through?? When i got the bug, and showed it to 2 diff people (local) they both commented about how it needs a front bumper because its illegal. I live in CA. The one from underneath i think are the "tube bumpers" I thought i saw a pic of one once where it comes up from under the nose, and rests about as high as the nose. Im not getting alot of feedback on this topic, hehe, if the tube bumpers don't interfer, i'd prob vouch for one so i don't have to chop or replace the fenders. Once again, thanks ~Peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

I think what you ar calling Tube Bumpers , would have been called Nerf Bars back in my teenage years...................one for each side??...........not a single piece right?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Ah,...........I see,............I was thinking you were talking about the one just above it.

I haven;t a clue how you'd put one of those on, but it looks like something that is more designed for a Dune buggy.