Now whats wrong?

Went out playing yesterday in the Srs11, just some greenlaneing around the Noth Dorset/South Somerset area and I noticed a fue things *different* in the feel of the vehicle when driving back on the road.

  1. The turning circle seems to have got larger when turning left, it was the size of a small ship before and now its like the Ark Royal.

and

  1. It feels like a flat tyer some times but its not, sort of *sloppy* when cornering.

Any ideas as to where I should be looking?

Your help is, as usual, greatfully receved.

Reply to
Rory Manton

Is it still in 4wd mode? This produces interesting sensations when going round corneres.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

The Ark Royal is a small ship. Unless you mean the old one...

First thing is tyre pressures I'd say - tough sidewalls on some 4x4 tyres means they can be very flat without collapsing as obviously as a car tyre would.

Also do a visual check that you haven't got any crap stuck in the wheelarches or anywhere round the wheel hubs. When I came off the off-road course at Billing the front left was making a terrible noise. Fearing the worst I was glad to remove a piece of glass about the size of a 50p from the brake disc.

You could also jack up the offending wheel and check for excessive free play etc. Failing that get it to a tyre shop for an alignment check - does it freewheel straight or head for a ditch?

My help is, as usual, probably rubbish...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

On or around Sun, 03 Aug 2003 09:18:47 +0100, Rory Manton enlightened us thusly:

you haven't clouted the track rod, have you? sounds like it's toed out. bet you've got a bent track rod...

they can be straightened, but at the price that Paddock charge for a new one, 's hardly worth the effort. Check the ball joints as well, they can be bent too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles