LR Magazines : The Good, The Bad and The Useless

LR magazines aren't plentiful over here there's three I can get :

Land Rover Owner International : Good for info on trips and stuff. L R Enthousiast : Rebuilds, Technical Q&A LR World : An mouthpiece for Solihull, they're STILL raving about how great the G4 was. You've guessed it, not one of my favourites.

AND I've now seen Land Rover Monthly appearing.

These mags cost an arm and a leg, so I can't really afford to get all of them. Also, it seems to me they have very little technical stuff on the latest generations of LR's (TD5's and such) except for the regular ad-disguised-as-write-up on LRW.

What's your take on which one is the most worthwhile in the long run ?

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

samuel mcgregor

Oops....Belgium !

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

Thankyou....that will be £3.75. :-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

But they do tend to repeat themselves..........how many articles can you explain modifying a 90!!!!!! And when an open invite from an organisation comes along (eg Royal Marines and wading) they ALL cover they same story, the same month and you might as just well buy one mag!

Lee "Lee_D"

Reply to
Lee Argyle

Peter,

I don't know if you read french as I assume you're flemish, but there's a french magazine called Land. They seem to have pretty interesting articles and be a bit more Eurofocused. I have bought it a couple of times and it is OK. Its also a lot cheaper than any of the UK mags.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

Well, errr....

Yeah, I read (and write) French. But it's well.....French. Reading about Land Rovers in French ? There must shurely be a law agains that ? Landies have halfshafts, swivels, conrods, UJ's....those are like swearing in French ! On a Renault a pont and a culasse and jante are fine. But on a Land Rover ? NO f*ck/n' way !!!!

Peter 'abused and misused' R.

Reply to
Peter R.

This could speed up your reading, and is also handy if you are planning an expedition to Finland, Sweden or a german speaking place.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux