Off-roading in Clare, Ireland - any leads?

Hi, looks as if we are going to County Clare for a week in March. I've never been to Ireland before, apart from Dublin. It will probably lash with rain, blow a gale and be miserable as hell, however...

Does anyone know if they have 'green lanes' over there? Is it a land rover friendly area? Any links to local clubs or anything else over there? Anyone been over there with a landie? A quick search of the www hasn't revealed anything.

Thanks,

M.

Reply to
McBad

No Green Lanes in Ireland. Recent thread on

and
Also checkout
and
countryside to bimble around in a Landrover, had a great day outaround Clare last year tracing the route of the West Clare railway.You'll enjoy it even if it will be raining. Sean

73FL74 101GS 2000 110 CSW
Reply to
sean101ryan

We were in Ireland last May for the first time ever. We didn't search out green lanes as we were travelling around a lot and when we weren't we had an interesting accelerator problem...

To be quite honest we didn't see many Landies though there were LOADS of far-eastern 4x4s. We drove through Counties Wicklow, Waterford, Wexford, Westmeath, Kilkenny, Kildare, Offaly and Tipperary.

We also went to a Military Re-encatment at Duncannon Fort in Co. Wexford where we did see other ex-mil landies. There we were told that there are still some areas near the border and in Belfast where driving a landy (of any colour scheme) is asking for trouble, but Eire was a very welcoming place in our experience.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor