oily clutch friction disc

Has anyone succesfully removed oil from a friction disc - or am I kidding myself :-( Fitted a Valeo HD just a couple of thousand ago and don't really want to buy new !!

Cheers Dave

Reply to
larry90

In view of the hassle involved should any 'cleaning' not prove successful I'd be tempted to use another new one.

But, then, I don't know how cheaply the OP rates his time!

However, I'm assuming that he has not yet exposed his potentially oiled disc. The fact that oil collects in puddles underneath does not necessarily indicate that the disc will be oiled. Think positively!

Reply to
Dougal

I have been told that CocaCola is very effective at degreasing friction plates. It may be an urban legend but . . . . .

Reply to
Richard Savage