Only Landrover.... (Disco Battery)

.... could take a perfectly good battery clamp as fitted on the 1990 Rangie Classic shapes.... then go and fit one formed to fit around the Battery on the Discovery 1997/8 which then inevitably turns out to be like rocking horse Do do to get a replacement Battery the right shape/form.

And all this because..

  1. My Battery charger blew last month
  2. I just changed the Oil and Filter's
  3. I disconnected the coil to ensure oil was pumped around the system before firing up... turned over for about 5 to 8 seconds.
  4. The battery was goosed waiting for 1 2 and 3 to happen. (Normally fires first time!)
  5. I need the car on the road ASAP.

The SIIA , 101 and Rangie batterys all fit but then the clamp wouldn't...... grrrr!!

Three Tyre and exhuast places before I got a battery to fit and even then I had to tweak the bracket.

LANDROVER DESIGNERS FFS IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

indeed

Filter's what?

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

So you need to get it started but the current battery is flat? Will it charge once going? Jump it off one of the good batteries.

Reply to
GbH

Well it's gone right over my head, something to do with being mildly dyslexic and having poor mastery of the English language I suppose.

Can't win them all :0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yes that was the case...

Dunno I guess so but don't want to look an arse trying to come off a Ferry by holding up a few hundred holiday makers so I got a new battery save wrecking the holiday for the sake of a battery (and mangled clamp). I'll invest in a new charger on my return and try topping up the old battery then. If it does have some life it will no doubt end up on the IIa when I recommence my renovations.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D