OT-Age of Speed cameras

A bit OT, but someone on here will know.

How long have the GATSO style speed cameras been around?. More to the point how long have the warning signs for the above been around?

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

Been around ages, i think from the late sixties/seventies, sign i dont know!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson) WTB a clean RRC pref 3.9 or LSE 4.2

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Reply to
Nige

In article , Dom J writes

First saw them in the Greater London area in 1993, and I think they were relatively new then.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

During stardate Sun, 9 Oct 2005 20:38:09 +0100, Adrian Simpson uttered the imortal words:

I first saw 'em in 1994 when I joined the job...was on me way down to the training school and my Dad got flashed doing me a favour as My MOT ran out and I wasn't able to sort it due to being in the barracks so to speak. Fortuantely the unit must either have been out of film or not had a camera in (such was the case them days)

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

There was an experimental speed camera on the M4, somewhere near Reading if memory serves, around 1984. I used to pass it regularly.

Flat wide thing, mounted in the central reservation behind a bridge support, firing at vehicles going into London. It was at about 6ft off the ground.

I never saw it flash though.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to