OT: Anyone know how to host pics etc?

I want to put some pics up on the net, but i dont have a fecking clue how to do it. Anyone know the easiest way etc?

Reply to
Nige

Dio you some web space of your own? If not then a phot hosting site such as Flickr would be the best bet,

Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

I do, i have

but aint got a clue on how to do owt with it!!!

Reply to
Nige

ok - first off, it appears you have a hosting account with one&one on an apache/unix web server. does that sound right?

The usual method of accessing the web space is by using FTP

so you will need .... server: [often ftp.domain...] username: [supplied by host] password: [supplied by host]

an FTP client program - Filezilla is fairly straightforward and robust in use.

This will enable you to get your pics up to your site. You can now publish individual URLs such as ....

There's more, but see how you go with this first.

Reply to
William Tasso

Cheers William, i'll have a go, t' internet can be a mystery to me

Reply to
Nige

do it. Anyone know the

Nice and easy, free, and generally all-round good.

Reply to
Torak

FTP Voyager is also very good and easy.

Reply to
Torak

me first one is up!!!

Nige

as you got webspace download a copy of FTP wanderer at

it up using the wizard and it operates much like windows explorer ( without the crashing and lockups ) and its free..so easy even I use it!Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Now that is much better , I've been using ws_ftp which is much less friendly... oh I feel a web tidy coming up!

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D