OT:Blunketts gone, Ken next please?

Well at least it would be on topic.

Reply to
hugh

If you're such an on-topic monster then what are you doing getting involved with a thread clearly marked as off-topic?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I'm not that bothered actually, but if someone has a rant then they must be prepared to take one back.

Actually I don't think Dave is particularly bothered as he doesn't bother to reply. Nor do I think he need others to fight his corner for him.

Reply to
hugh

I'm not fighting his corner for him, you've triggered one of my pet hates, people posting to off-topic threads moaning about them being off-topic ;-)

Mind you, I've got a whole zoo of pet hates so it's not hard to touch on one of them..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

OT? On? Off? Topic?

Reply to
GbH

Har har! Conventionally it's "Off Topic" although in some groups it should be perhaps the other way around!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

When the voting cards have a box marked 'There is no candidate worth my vote', then I will start voting again....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs composed the following ...

I'd prefer a box marked "Alternative" ............................. and just go with the flow, maybe

Reply to
Paul - xxx

essentially

There is - just put a bloody great thick line across the whole thing. At least that way you are letting it be known in the form of a ruined ballot card. If the 3/4 who didn't vote this Gov.t in had done that then the message might even have got past the firewall Tony has built around himself!

David LLAMA 4x4

David_LLAMA4x4

I still believe all MPs are like nappies, they should be changed regularly....both for the same reason!!!!

just thought I"d put my 2 penith in !!!

Reply to
tiscali

Even better - I believe that the current practice is to throw them away.

Reply to
Dougal

In message , GbH writes

Yes

Reply to
hugh

In message , Tim Hobbs writes

Effectively there is - you just put a huge big cross over the whole paper, not quite the same I know but at least you have registered your vote.

Reply to
hugh

In message , David_LLAMA4x4 writes

You really do talk crap. That would be interpreted as electoral massacre of all the other parties and Labour would have won every seat. What message would that give to any leader of any winning party? On second thoughts don't bother to answer.

Reply to
hugh

Aye, spoiled votes are counted and reported by the returning officers. The mejia choose to ignore them and generally play down the turnout if it's less than 40%.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Despite your wise words I have chosen to reply...

Of course that would lead to a 100% majority to the Labour party. But you tell me that this fact would go unreported throughout the country and the world ( and more importantly in TB's world ) and not appear just a little bit odd!!! I didn't say that it would get a different party into power - all I said is that it might highlight to TB that his current tendancy to ignore certain public outcry would be harder ground to stand on. No need to reply - you will not convince me of your politics....

David LLAMa 4x4

David_LLAMA4x4

How about we modify the system, so that if the number of spoiled votes 'wins', that seat has to be recontested, but with all new candidates?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

David_LLAMA4x4 composed the following ...

And a wasted vote, such as you describe, means why the f*ck are you complaining when someone you don't like gets into power?

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Because when you have a voting card which gives you the choice between

3 tossers of different colours but similar stupid policies, a raving loony, a local 'one policy' crusader and a greenie I'd rather not vote for any of them. At least a spoiled paper registers my dissent rather than the fact that I couldn't be arsed to go and vote.

That said, for the last 10 years ICBATV....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs composed the following ...

No it doesn't, it lumps you with the tossers who don't vote and then complain.

Then why complain? If you're out of the system how the hell can you expect to change it. Sitting on your arse does absolutely nothing because no-one knows you're wasted vote or spoiled paper is dissent, they just think you're a tosser for not voting. Change doesn't come about by whingers WCBATV and instead do nothing. Change needs people to do something about it.

I believe every vote, whoever is voted for, counts. One man and his vote can make a difference. If you decide to either not vote, or spoil a paper and thus effectively not vote, all you do is add to the problem.

Reply to
Paul - xxx