OT Emissions in London ?

Yugo? I actually started a Triumph Herald after we had cut down a modest tree growing through a gap in the bonnet.

Derek

Reply to
Derek

I've got a much better scheme - charge drivers on what ever scale, but pay non-drivers for being really environmentlly friendly!! Now that really could benefit the environment....

eh?

Oh you mean it's nothing to do with the environment, just a fund raiser....... surely not?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

At least it didn't use the phrase "gas guzzling 4x4" just gas guzzler an= d gave examples of "ordinary" motors.

But TBH having just spent half term in London en famille sight seeing I =

don't see why anyone *needs* a car in London. The public transport syste= m is fast, effcient and cheap. Zones 1 to 4 peak day travel card is =A38.4=

0 that's only about 20 miles in car (=A35.40 off peak or
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:27:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

you don't for sightseeing nor for getting to and from the office. You do if you have to carry large stuff around in the course of work.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

OK "anyone" was too sweeping a word but the *vast* majority of workers in London carry nothing more than their sandwiches and a newspaper.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Mon, 30 Oct 2006 00:06:07 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

Quite. I did use the tube to get to work for a while, but then I decided that I could do it more quickly and healthily on a pushbike. But in that job I wasn't carrying stuff.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

For the last 30 years, I've worked in London and the surrounding area with an office on the edge of the square mile.Stopped now thank goodness. Believe me I would have loved to be able to use public transport, but in my job although relatively often would I START at the same location, I would almost never FINISH at the same location, and as an Engineer would be encumbered with not just tools but the paraphernalia of supporting technology. On a typical day I may start in the city, have a meeting in Ipswich by lunchtime and be at another at the Home Office in the late afternoon. Working for a Manachester based company they couldn't understand how the London staff got though clutches so often compared with their local staff. I once counted how many times I used the clutch on my 8 mile journey to work, and it was over 200 !!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:27:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" scribbled the following nonsense:

interesting letter in the motoring section of the Telegraph on Saturday, a 1.3l Diahatsu Terios (supposedly green) pays £190 a year in road tax, while a diesel Rav4 pays £160.........

Reply to
Simon Isaacs