OT: Good riddance...

Sort of 'off topic' anyway.

"A former West Wales media studies student considered so dangerous to children by parents they established a "warning" website about him was banned for life today from owning a camera or a computer. And

31-year-old Anthony Peter Luckwill was also jailed for 25 months on 15 counts of possessing indecent images of children. Luckwill, of Priory Court, Carmarthen, also placed on the sex offender's register for 10 years, admitted the offences at Swansea Crown Court.

Francis Jones, prosecuting, said Luckwill joined a Carmarthen based support group for families with autistic children. He told members he wanted to video children with the condition and asked "wholly inappropriate" questions about them. Parents in the group were so concerned they called in the police and in November of last year police took away a computer from his Carmarthen home for examination.

At the time, Luckwill was already serving a community rehabilitation order placed on him for earlier offences of possessing indecent images of children. While police were examining the computer Luckwill obtained another one and downloaded more indecent images from the internet. None of the images related to children involved in the Carmarthen support group. Police again visited his home in Carmarthen and took away the second computer. In total more than 100 indecent images of children were found on the two machines including several very serious "category 5" pictures of children actually being abused. At first Luckwill claimed the images could have been sent to his computers in malicious e-mails but he later admitted to interviewing officers he had viewed the images saying, "OK, I've seen thelot". Last summer, parents in West Wales set up a website containing Luckwill's photograph and asked people to contact the police if they ever suspected he was alone with a child.

The website warned that Luckwill was organising car exhibitions to which children and their parents were invited. It also contained newspaper articles covering indecency court cases involving Luckwill. He was expelled from a media studies course at University College Lampeter in 2003 after being convicted of possessing indecent images of children leading to the community rehabilitation order. Yesterday, his barrister Frank Phillips said Luckwill agreed he had an obsession with children's underwear but was adamant it was not a sexual obsession.

Judge Keith Thomas however said the images in Luckwill's possession were mainly of naked children. And he said the defendant's actions at the autistic support group were "classic signs of grooming children". As well as jailing Luckwill for 25 months he ordered that he should not have an interest in or own photographic equipment or computer equipment. Judge Thomas said the banning order would be in place indefinitely. But he agreed after hearing from Mr Phillips that it could make Luckwill unemployable in the future that he could use such equipment owned by any future employer. He told him, "You cannot possess the equipment or take hire purchase out on it or use someone else's equipment for personal use but you can use any employer's equipment for work purposes".

The judge also ordered that Luckwill should regularly attend a community sex offender programme on his release up to 2009. Because of time already served on remand and possible remission, Luckwill could be free within two months. The court was told that Luckwill had been diagnosed as suffering from Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism. His barrister Frank Phillips said his client was said to be at the milder end of the syndrome. And he said it did not affect social interaction. The judge said there was no evidence to suggest the syndrome was responsible for Luckwill's offences.

Judge Thomas told Luckwill, "In April 2003 you joined the National Autistic Support Group in Carmarthen and took an interest in the children who were there and asked if you could film them. "You also set up your own website on which you asked wholly inappropriate questions about children. "These were classic signs of grooming children and one of the most serious aspects of this case is that the offences were carried out while serving a community rehabilitation order...a serious aggravating feature." Bachelor Luckwill's existing computer equipment was confiscated by the court."

Reply to
Mother

Good news and at least in part due to your efforts, Martyn. I bet that's not the last we hear of him though, he seems determined...

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

RESULT!!!!!

Pity about the possibility of him being out in just a few months though.

With any luck he'll suffer something painfully terminal, his sort just aren't fit to share in a decent society and I really don't believe in counselling having any positive long-term effect either. His type normally use the counselling as a short-term tool to enable their release and then once released quickly build up to re-offending.

Well done to all those that played a part in bringing this scum to justice, and a merry Christmas to all decent folks out there.

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

family, it was around zero

I also wear only a T-shirt and some thin jacket; since I started this almost every flue missed me. In fact putting the kids in clothes designed for arctic temperatures (and forcing the kids to keep them on while shopping) causes them big trouble, catching every flue that is present and getting a bad immune system from what they will still suffer as adults. Not to mention all the toddlers, not being able to tell their discomfort (only by crying, but after a while even this stops), while being kept in their carriage, wearing such clothes, sweating as hell, with red faces and tears in their eyes.

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

I had no idea some of you helped put him inside. What happened & how did it involve you lot?

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

__

Reply to
Nige

I saw this guy turn up in an asperger syndrome list peddling the line about making a video, and warned the NAS about him, it was quite disturbing to see the way some people had been taken in by him not knowing his history.

Reply to
Larry

involve you lot?

Luckwill has been a 'regular' in this group, on and off, for about 5 or 6 years.

has all the nasty details of hisvarious activities and aliases.

Reply to
Mother

Mother" children by parents they established a "warning" website about him was

Nice result, Martyn, and very well done.

Good. Though I guess he'll wriggle out of it somehow, so many seem to do so.

Bad. His sort really shouldn't be allowed early release because they've been 'good' whilst waiting to do real time. He's proved that he 'knows the score' time and again, I just hope he gets what he deserves whilst in prison.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Hear hear.

Back on the streets in 2 months. It's a shame that our legal system rates active paedophlia on a similar scale to theft etc.

I'm also rather doubtful that they will be able to enforce the ban on owning a computer or camera. Even if the bans are enforced I suspect that another avenue will be found. The only way to keep kids safe would be to keep him locked up.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I have a sneaking suspicion this happens more often in the UK than is reported in the PC press over here. There's many a time when the feeling that lynch law is the only answer has occured to me personally. Sad to say I was brought up with a VERY healthy respect for the law ( South Africa in the

60's ), it now seems that in this country, evil is good and law abiding is for the meek and mild. I've had my tyres slashed by some sad little muppet who I " dissed" by driving at him when he ignorantly stepped into the road in front of me expecting smoking tyres ( ever seen the veins stand out in the neck when realization of impending doom sinks in :-)) ). Police not interested. Son mugged when applying for job at supermarket and said yobs had the gall to return and mouth off self and friend ( both 6' 3" and heavy set ~ 18 stone, both in 44th in Angola ) then proceeded to mouth of 4 police officers. Arrested after insulting police. The list goes on. Mind you so does my grudge book which I fully intend to deal with as time deems it appropriate and the night is dark enough. !!!
Reply to
Hirsty's

family, it was around zero

Excuse me Doctor, but could you explain how the thickness of my coat relates to my susceptibility to airborne viruses?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Could'nt agree more; however I wonder what kind of dealings they had had between them before. Trouble is, again, we rely on an "impartial" press to inform us.

Having said that, we took our sons to an open day at the local Police HQ a year or so back. On display were the usual gung-ho gun players; got talking to one firearms officer ( female ) about the weapons they used. Looking at the Glock 9mm, "what charge do you carry ?" Oh it takes 14 rounds, ~quote ~ "I can only load 10 rounds and then the charger spring is too strong so my male colleauge inserts the rest". Brill, so we have a trained officer who cannot handle the weapons. Interesting if the situation arose where a reload was in order !! I suppose it would confuse the opposition if they were counting rounds used before recharging !!

Personally I believe that the armed units need to be composed of ex-military experts in the art and not trained off the street non-military who have no conception of the seriousness of the trigger squeeze, Frighteneing when you think many of them would have been brought up with shoot em up video games.

Now off my hobby horse and ready for the flak :-))

( just out of interest I would'nt be a copper for treble their salary, with all the bulls..t they have to put up with )

Reply to
Hirsty's

I've heard of a guy getting a longer stretch for doing 140mph on a bike!

bring back capital punishment and the birch

This country is going to the dogs - and the establishment seems to favour the criminals by protecting them.

Reply to
StaffBull

You'd have to choose your ex-mil people very carefully. There are some really rather strange people in the military, people who would much rather blow your head off than ask *any* questions.

I suspect that Police firearms officers are well aware of the seriousness of the trigger squeeze. I know they shoot to drop the target, not just "injure" or "slow down", that basically means the chances are that you are going to kill them. They also know that for everytime they squeeze the trigger they are going to have to answer the question, Why?

Same applies to the ex-military...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If it were not for a couple of police going out on a limb, taking a chance and nearly losing their jobs, Luckwill would still be posting here.

Reply to
Mother

The Judge, though trying to be pragmatic, ignored a representation that Luckwill should not use the Internet. He was provided with reams of documentary evidence to demonstrate the core of Luckwills offending did not happen via his own computer but via cybercafes and his (then) places of study. Not owning a computer or camera will do little, IMO, to prevent further offending upon release. It's a common profile and will be enforced by meeting others of the same 'sort' whilst inside who will no doubt teach him how to hide his tracks more effectively.

Reply to
Mother

Be under no illusions, there was no shortage of people willing to do so. I spent several uncomfortable sessions physically preventing certain people from going of to deliver their particular form of justice (not all of my 'family' are nice people). Should this have happened we may all just as well pay off the police, tell them to f*ck off home as they're not needed then go shoot our neighbour because we don't like them driving a Fiat Punto.

We may not like the law and may feel it doesn't do what we'd like it to do, but without it we all have nothing.

Reply to
Mother

A fair point. but their going out on a limb did not risk life, I was solely referring to the judgement of the police in armed situations. I do respect the police generally, they do a bloody hard job with one arm tied behind their backs. and they do, generally, come up with the goods as the point of this thread shows, and I'm bloody glad of that.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

well said.