OT : Handbrake ratchet inoperable..

Anyone know how easy or not it is to fix a non-working handbrake ratchet? (rest of the system is fine). It's on a Transit BTW, but I assume all systems are pretty much the same - would I need to replace the entire handbrake handle assembly or is it generally possible to replace just the ratchet bit?

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

On or around Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:30:20 +0100, Matthew Maddock enlightened us thusly:

depends why it's not working. sometimes the teeth are worn off, sometimes the spring's broke, might have fallen apart or be gunged up. you'll need a closer look at why.

Reply to
Austin Shackles