306 handbrake light flickering...

Hi,

Over the weekend I've noticed that when I'm driving along a right hand bend my handbrake light comes on/flickers. When I straighten up it's okay again. It is relatively intermittent, but happens more often than not.

I would 'think' this is the switch being problematic? Where is this and is there any advice anyone can share on this?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Strutter

I don't know about the 306, but in the 205, the light also indicates, that the brake pads at the front disc-brakes are wearing thin. It might very well be, that there is some kind of a short, that lets the light flicker while cornering. Does the light come on when you step on the brakes?

Cheers

Norman

Reply to
Norman Anthes

Did you checked the brake fluid's level?

"Strutter" escreveu na mensagem news:c6iodm$ovt$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com...

Reply to
Jean-Jacques Pardete

Thank you for your responses.

I have checked the brake fluid level and it is perfectly fine. The light does NOT come on when I apply the brakes. Just randomly when slowing down or more often when turning right. Where exactly is the handbrake switch?

Is it easy to access and/or replace?

Ta.

Reply to
Strutter

Are you sure the brake fluid is fine? On some cars, it kicks off when the level is above the minimum, so that anybody knows it needs more fluid! :)

Reply to
DervMan

It is situated underneath the handbrake-lever. On the 205, you take the plastic-cover off, and close to the area where the brake-cables are hooked up, there is the switch.

I rather think, that you have a problem with the wires or the sensors that are connected to the brake pads on the front wheels, which are somewhat bent when cornering.

The switch is, but I don't think it will cure your problem, though.

Norman

Reply to
Norman Anthes