OT - how much would you pay for a garage?

Totally OT, sorry. I may have the chance to acquire a 1969 Volvo, but I don't have any undercover parking. Whilst I have no qualms about leaving my land rover out in the street in all weathers, If I get something older and shinier, I might want to keep it out of the rain. As it happens, there's a notice in the local paper shop window "Space for rent in locked double garage" just round the corner, "make me an offer". So, how much would you pay for a garage a month? I'm in a residential bit of Glasgow.

Cheers

Olly R

Reply to
Olly R

I'd start at 40 quid a month. Having said that, rented garages in Sheffield are as common as WMD in Iraq :-(

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Eh by eck, I must have had a good deal, I had one for 4 quid a week here in North Shrops. Chris

1990 Disco 200tdi
Reply to
Merlin©

Round here they are like hen's teeth, but about 10 quid a week seems to be the rate. There are a few about here, but nothing big enough to hold a vehicle AND work on it at the same time.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I have a vision of a Smart car in the back of the 101...bit like the Italian job type sketch.

:-)

In fact... Isn't an A class a Smart car on steroids?

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Put your claws away Davies, yer bitch...

Mandy does keep moaning that we have 4 cars, only one of which is new, worth any kind of money and likely to be scratched by the local scum. And which one lives on the road and which three live behind locked gates?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

in article bqfqjs$1mc$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com, Olly R at snipped-for-privacy@webtribe.net wrote on 1/12/03 16:35:

I pay about £3 for one from my local housing association but i think that goes up to about £5 per week for those who dont rent a house from them as well.

Reply to
Rory Manton

Local council down here charged me £8pw a few years ago.

--

swap z's in email address for the above

Reply to
danny

Try your local council Normally the housing dept, but best check!

mine is about £5/week..

Reply to
TheGhostOfSmokeyJoe

Certainly looks like one.

Reply to
Nikki

Look, stop it. It doesn't, not one bit!

:-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Yes it does.

Reply to
Nikki

I'm in Hertfordshire and currently I pay about £7 a week for one from the local council, think it might be a bit cheaper if you have a house off them as well!

I used to rent a private garage from a company that only rents out garages, they were extortionate, but nothing else was available. They charged about £16 a week, and the unit leaked :(

Reply to
cutlea01

I have to admit having a soft spot for character cars..... not so much a burning desire to own one but they just lighten up my day...

currently on the smiley list are ;

Smart Cars A Class Dodge Viper Chrysler Cruisers

They are just soooo different looking..... Then again I have a yen to put a renault espace shell on a Rangie Chassis too ... NURSE!

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Let me know when you do and ee'll buy it. We want to replace the Off road Kangoo with a full size off road people carrier and the mitsi delicia is getting rarer and rarer. Anyone ever seen one of these off road anyway, apparently a space wagon on a Shogun LWB chassis.

John.

Reply to
John Page

And being as they are all firberglass with Galv chassis bits then one should stick around along time once built....H'mmm....

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

John Page posted ...

There's one for sale near us at Dixons in Doncaster .. Dunno the price but Dixons don't seem to have anything below about £5000 ... I know no more about the vehicle, just remember seeing it three days ago, so it may have already gone, and thinking .. no ... no, no, no, no, no ... ;)

Post back or email and I'll check it out tomorrow after 11am. (I'm a caretaker so off work between 11 am and 3 pm)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Oh, please don't!

AFAIK they're still making them, although they look a bit less vanlike now. Google should give you a few links to UK grey importers who have them by the dozen (or at least, they did about three months back when I last Googled the Delica).

Reply to
QrizB

Twas Thu, 04 Dec 2003 07:42:30 GMT when snipped-for-privacy@dev.nul (QrizB) put finger to keyboard producing:

You can do it too in Kangoo....

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

Thank you all for your replies! That's much cheaper than I had feared, which is good news. Now all I need is the Volvo.......

Reply to
Olly R