OT: more bollards

someone mentioned the thing about the 7.5T truck...

not quite the same thing - this is aimed at stopping suicide bombers, I think, judging by the commentary. The truck is going pretty fast at impact.

Austin Shackles

OUCH!!!! Bloomin' truck crumpled to nothing like it was made from paper mache! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Ouch on this too:

Richard

I think they are a terrific idea and offer are a real step forward in road safety.

Not sure why we have never discussed them on here before.

David

Reply to
rads

Whistling?? WHISTLING?? Have you any idea how many deaths are cause every year by people who whistle?? Peter Sutcliffe, the Yorkshire Ripper, he was a whistler, Fred West, another whistler!

You bastard!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 16:34:59 GMT, "Richard" scribbled the following nonsense:

on a more light hearted note, this one reminds me of shenanigans we used to get up to at uni though

Simon Isaacs

On or around Wed, 08 Nov 2006 16:34:59 GMT, "Richard" enlightened us thusly:

that's the one we started with.

There's another one here - this bloke is a complete tosser, the bollard is more or less fully up by the time he hits it.

more crashes:

The chap in the white car near the beginning dodges nicely.

Now this chap I feel sorry for, OK, he's arsing around but how many of us have done similar silly stunts?

There are some crackers in this:

I especially like the way someone remonstrates with the cheating bike rider about 50-odd seconds in. Golf bloke at about 3:50 is good, too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It would be much the same if it hit a tree at that angle, besides trucks are not build to crash into bollards. will we see a spate of bombers hijacking monster trucks now ?

Reply to
Larry

Careful, careful - Bliar's men will have you for aiding terrorists in contravention of one of his newly invented offences.

Reply to
Dougal

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 19:08:14 +0000, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

pole vaulter at 1:30 must have hurt...

This one is classic though....

Simon Isaacs

I guess we have all done daft things, I once rode my lambretta scooter up the ramp into the first floor bar in the students union at Warwick uni, parked it up in front of the bar and then got off to order a drink leaving the engine running. The only complaints I had were about the exhaust which I have to admit, with it being a two stroke was somewhat noxious :)

I am of course a totally reformed character these days.

Reply to
Larry

What bothered me was after that huge impact where was the engine? still in the workshop? I would have expected to see it in bits on the floor Derek

Reply to
Derek

If it was the clip I'm thinking of, the thing was winched in at speed so the engine was probably removed to stop the block flattening the bollard!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:35:30 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

I think the engine ends up under the wreckage of the cab.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 09:53:59 +0000, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

there's certainly enough oil around to suggest that engine and the gearbox were still in place

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yeah...lucky they packed some sand to soak up the oil :-)

Reply to
Lee_D