OT: Ping Austin LDV

I checked last night on the metal top hats you can't get them separate only as part of the centre bearing kit

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

On or around Tue, 11 Oct 2005 06:53:12 +0100, "Andy.Smalley" enlightened us thusly:

predictable. 'ere, that online catalog thing didn't register me. Cretinous device. It was supposed to email me a password and didn't.

Tellyer what you could do for me, if you don't mind, and that's check on the price for a set of 4 dampers for a convoy. I tried fitting LR ones, but they don't damp enough, which is odd, since they're intended for the parabolic springs, and the vehicle is about the same weight. Still, was worth a shot, they were cheap.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If you let me know the chassis number I'll check tonight you can get me on "jesscon at btinternet dot com"

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

On or around Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:58:31 +0100, "Andy.Smalley" enlightened us thusly:

OK...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hey Mr. LDV man, search a part for me.

Oh hell it isn't Dylan but still. Can you get your hands on an LHD Sherpa power steering box ? I have (UK) mate looking for one for his

101 ambi project, and, predictably, he hasn't been able to find one here.

If you can help, it would be much appreciated, and profitable.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Is this a requests thread? :)

Is a header tank as used with the 2.5 n/a sherpa Diesel (they were in the LDV 200 vans wernt they?) the same as one for a 2.5 n/a landrover?

I'm guessing they may differ as i think the water pump casing is different giving them different plumbing?

Mine has cracked and i need a replacement and the scrappys never have any in. I'm guessing that the new LDV item costs more than the landy one too.

Reply to
Tom Woods

The number we have for the rears has changed but the computer went down last night so will check again tonight and let you know tomorrow. sorry

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

power steering box ? I have (UK)

been able to find one here.

Don't know about 2nd hand but a new one for a Sherpa possibly , a new one for a Convoy definitely we were sent one for a RHD vehicle As to how much I'll try to find out for you

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

not sure if they're the same or not I may be able to find a picture or you could email me a photo of yours and I'll see what I can come up with

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

On or around Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:00:43 +0100, "Andy.Smalley" enlightened us thusly:

maybe that's why the online parts catalog thing won't register me :-)

or maybe it's just broken. I might email them about it. Tried it 3 times from 2 different browsers.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:41:39 +0100, Steve enlightened us thusly:

Note that the steering box on the convoy is fitted the other side of the chassis rails. Dunno if that helps.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I think he'll be happy with new. Much appreciated Andy. Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Well Friday you can get to see the Sherpa and pass an opinion on the Convoy perhaps ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Austin the Shockers retail at about £46 each +vat I could probably get them for about £100 for the set inc vat but you need to let me know quick as I may be changing jobs at the end of the month

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

We can't find the microfiche for the sherpa but our stores man assures me that they are the same as early 200/400 ldv's In which case the come in at about £520 + vat I may be able to get a bit of discount but not much as they are special order being left hand drive but like I told Austin you need to let me know quick as I may be changing jobs at the end of the month

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

There are 2 types fitted 1 type to V8's and another type to all the other engines But unfortunately both are now obsolete sorry

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

On or around Thu, 13 Oct 2005 06:59:15 +0100, "Andy.Smalley" enlightened us thusly:

ah.

hmmm. money not likely to be available that soon, I don't think. If it happens, so be it. If you're still there later, then we'll see. It needs tyres before the dampers.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

let me know if/when you decide to. I still may be able to help

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

On or around Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:57:15 +0100, "Andy.Smalley" enlightened us thusly:

tellyerwot, you could if you're willing look into whether the centre prop bearing for the 200 series is the same as for the convoy.

Looks the same at a quick glance, but there's no point in me buying a bearing and rebuilding the one I have loose if the one on the vehicle turns out to have a different bearing in it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There are 2 types fitted to the 200 the most common will fit the convoy the part number (I think BICBW) is either LBU9850 or RTC4766 one supersedes the other the other type LBU6241 may fit but not sure

Reply to
Andy.Smalley