OT: Remote switching by cellphone

I know some of you are interested in this sort of thing. Maplin sell a kit to make a switch you can control from a ringing cellphone. Maplin item code N34BF, currently on offer for GBP9.99.

It's a Velleman kit, MK160,

for more info.

Reply to
QrizB

On a related note, does anybody know where I could get an audio entry phone to control a door lock, for my mother? Tried the usual places with no luck.

Thanks.

Reply to
David French

David maplins do one

a handset and a bit to replace door bell nimacom door access system L13AC GBP79.99 and an optional door lock Electric door catch L17AC GBP19.99

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Thanks, Andy. It's showing as discontinued on the Maplin website (using Fast Order form) - any alternatives?

David.

Reply to
David French

Try

Click buy on line and then security products and door entry systems.

Reply to
Nikki

Most places will want money, but if your mother is in particularly good condition then you may find someone willing to trade.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Try here

Mike Jones Super Hero

I have one - new in box - got it for a project that will no longer be taking place. Cost 50 quid +VAT trade and includes two handsets, one door intercom (bell push speaker thing) and electronic latch for any Yale type lock. All transformer and install stuff is in there too. If you're interested I can let you have further details 'off group'.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

try

(I think thats their link)

They do most things

Si

Reply to
simonk

Marvellous. Please email me any details you have (link to the manufacturer?) as it sounds like just the cookie.

Thanks very much to Nikki, Mike & Simon, now why couldn't I find any of these when I was originally looking?!

David.

Reply to
David French

Industrial Exchange and Mart is where I found QVS.

Reply to
Nikki

Under the coffee table? I must have a good look under ours! :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

No - Bruce's desk actually ;-)