Overheating Range Ruster - auxiliary fan????

Our 1989 RR is overheating nicely in all this hot weather - I reckon that it is simply because the radiator is reaching the end of its useful life. Time and money are short at the moment so bunging a new rad in right away is not an option. What I was wondering is:

There is an auxiliary, electric fan bolted to the front of the radiator that only seems to work when the air con is switched on - if I were to rewire the power input to this then I could have a temporary, auxiliary fan that I could switch through one of the spare switches on the dash. Problem is I cannot find the wiring for this fan in any of the wiring diagrams or pdf manuals that I have - anybody got a clue where it's wired to?

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme