Vectra diesel cooling/aircon fan wiring

Hi Can anyone explain how the rad cooling and air con condensor fans are wired up on the vectra 2.0Di. I am convinced that the rad fan (at the back of the rad) is broken. There are two fan switches on the side of the radiator with three teminals to each, is this one for each fan or are they interconnected somehow? There are also three wires at the connector to each fan, why is this, are they two speed fans? I don't want to stick 12V from the battery directly across random terminals into the fans without knowing which ones go direct to the fan motors! Any help much appreciated, I've just replaced the head gasket and suspect that it was the knackered fans that may have contributed to it failing, so don't want to drive it until I know what's going on with the fan setup. Cheers Martin

Reply to
Martin Crook

I'm sure the fans are controlled through the ECU. If you tell me the model year, I'll have a look on TIS and tell you exactly how they're wired up.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

The model is a 99T vectra diesel 2.0Di estate (X20DTL) with aircon, I have a Haynes manual but it has no fan wiring diagram and not much helpfull info on the fans. I'm a newbie to car maintenance, in at the deep end with the head gasket - what is TIS? Thanks Martin

Reply to
Martin Crook

The fans aren't controlled by the ECU. I've sent you an email (if you don't get it let me know), with the wiring diagrams and a few notes.

As for TIS, it's Technical Information System, which all manufacturers have in one form or another.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Martin

Reply to