Overpriced Ebay again?

I've just found this on ebay:

It's a SIII steering wheel, currently on for £92.

Am I missing something here, or is there a reason for paying £92 for something that is available from Craddocks (for example) for about £30?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

The items are starting at fair prices. He has a fuel pump, started at £14. That's reasonable, but it's been bid up over £30 so far!

But in the end the buyer is choosing the price, so who's getting hurt?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

People think just cos it's on ebay it must be a bargan, Husband sees stuff on there go for more second hand, than new at the shops if they could be bothered to look.

Vam

Reply to
Vam

Finally went for 155GBP! The only reason I can see is that it was advertised as brand new, original, still in its box. One for the perfectionist, perhaps.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Seems bloody rediculous to me, even a recon SI/II spoked steering wheel is cheaper than that, and they are hard to find

Alex

Reply to
Alex

OK, but some people would rather have genuine than re-conditioned or pattern parts, and are prepared to pay for it.

I don't know what a new genuine S3 steering wheel costs (they might even be no longer available), but £155 could easily represent a saving over the list price.

Nick

Reply to
Nicknelsonleeds

Not necessarily - people do this at auctions all the time. Reminds me of farm clearing sales - steel fence posts (used) almost always go for close to if not over new price! And everyone there knows, or should know, how much they are new. JD

Reply to
JD

As long as it's not your money why worry?

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

reckon it's time I started advertising some of my junk on ebay :)

Reply to
Larry