P38 Book sign

I have a RR P38 which is a 97 vontage 2.5DT, on the air con display it shows a book with an explamation mark?

Does this mean there is a fault with the air con and i need to get someone with one of these fandagled testbook thingys to check it and tell me whats wrong?

Or is there a fuse, relay or summat else could be the prob?

If the former, does anyone know who has the ability to check it for me and i dont mean the local main RR dealer who is one serious rip off merchant.

Many thanks Alan

Reply to
Alan Crowder

And that was meant to say in or around the Oxford area, but i will be in North Devon over the weekend *just* in case someone there can check it for me.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Crowder

Ahhh, i will investigate more tomorrow. I did have it regassed a few months ago when i fitted a new condenser, the gas man is a mate around the corner so this bit is easy.

The rest i will check.

Thanks, more later

Alan

Reply to
Alan Crowder

Hi matey, a few questionhs back!

Is it on all the time or does it come on sometimes & then when you switch off engine it goes away for a while?

Does your aircon work properly?

Are you getting funny outside temp readings?

It could be a lot of things, but most are correctable easily enough.

It might even need regassing etc.

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

Nige, well it gets hot, but as for cold i would say cool rather than cold.

Nope, seems to be about right.

This is being checked tomorrow.

Love the car, hate the work.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Crowder

Might be the clutch plate on the air con pump, probably that & requiing a new heater matrix temp sensor.

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

Is this the shim removal trick? I take it that the air con pump is the bastard one to get to on the N/S front? And where woud one find the heater matrix temp sensor?

It does need gas and what with the weather we have had my mate has run out of R134 but will get some next week.

Thanks as usual

Alan

Reply to
Alan Crowder