P38-classic-P38a?

  1. What is the history on the model of Range rover, I hear people saying I have a P38A or classic?

Question 2

1998 range rover 4.0 Se can the headlights and tail lights of the new 2002 model be fitted as a upgrade?
Reply to
wayne

Classic launched back in 1970 (3 door), 4 door in 1981, updated in the 1998 with the Vogue SE, LSE launched in about 94 with air suspension and a couple of proto-P38 bits.

Then in 95ish came the P38a (Project 38a) which lasted until March last year, with a facelift in 1998 (the lights went clear).

The current one is L322. Not to be confused with L332 which is the newer Discovery.

I'm sure somebody will clear up my dates...

David

Reply to
David French

David French

Quite a few Classic updates over the years I guess.

'Soft dash' was a big improvement and came in approx L-reg (so 1994/5 ish). Was that also when the air suspension came in?

3.9 was introduced in the early nineties, late eighties ish, presumably to differentiate it from the new Discovery which kept the 3.5 until 1994 ish.

LSE was a little bit before that (1994 again I guess), as there are both old and new style dash LSE's around. LSE wasn't really much more than a standard car with 8 inches welded into the back and a 4.2 engine up front.

New Disco and Rangie are L319 and L320.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Ooh, confusing me now.

L320 is the Baby Range Rover L322 is the bloody great big one you can buy now L319 is the 2005 Disco (the one built on a Ford Explorer platform - oops, wasn't supposed to mention that) And L332 is the current Disco.

I think.

David French