P38 headlight dip switch

Is there a retrofit (more conventional) push/pull dip switch available for this model?

The standard pull/pull item is cumbersome to use and you are unable to use the flash function (for e.g. to thank someone for letting you past) when the lights are on.

David

Reply to
David Haggas

Personally if I let someone past and they flash me with full beam at night I'm usually less than happy, just waggle the indicators instead ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

That's the problem! They get full beam from the RR instead of a flash. You can do it if you're careful and lucky but most of the time the wretched thing goes onto full beam. I have always preferred the push/pull switch used on the vast majority of cars. I take onboard the useful tip re indicators!

Reply to
David Haggas

Or momentarily switch headlights off.

Reply to
hugh

Works for me! Or do what they do in France and just bloody ignore you, even if you've been waiting for half an hour for them to go past. Rude b*ds.

Matt

Reply to
Matt M