S2a wiper switch

Just on the off-chance, does anyone have any switch bits from a S2a (black dash model) going spare? In particular, I am looking for a wiper switch. The original is the off-on-momentary (off - wipers on - washer) type, with silver domed base and black lever.. I've checked with Vehicle Wiring Products, but they don't have that exact one in their catalogue. At present, the washer function doesn't work and the PO has wired the panel lights switch to the washer pump. This works fine, but I'd like to put it back to original spec if possible. Beer tokens available if anyone has the right one.

Cheers

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Bear in mind that the '65 on (black dash) IIa's didn't originally have washers, and as far as I know, the wiper switch was a two-position switch, off-on. Later SIIa's '69 to '72) had manually operated washers (push-button pump) with the pump mounted on an auxillary panel, or electric washers, (shown in parts catalogue) with the washer switch replaced with a SIII item. The SIII had a different switch, a rotary with push for washers.

However, this is what you're looking for:

Off-On-On

Off-On-Momentary
However, Holden's are outragesously expensive for these kinds of things. At £11.50 upwards I'd try for a s/h one first, and put up with off-on-on which are readily availabe from SIIa or SIII models (headlamp switch)

Alex

Reply to
Alex

So Alex was, like

The switch is off-on-momentary, and it sure looks original (ie, identical in appearance, wear, muck etc to the others). The vehicle is one of the last S2a models. The off-on works OK, but the momentary part has lost its spring.

Golly - over 18 quid! Still, it looks like the original part.

Good idea - hence the original question :-)

Thanks for the link.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

The message from "Richard Brookman" contains these words:

Got some of these black switches not long ago from the local Lucas store, sadly all used so will have to check to see if they have any more.

Reply to
Warwick Barnes

So Warwick Barnes was, like

That would be great, thank you.