Need a Mopar Fog Lamp

I think a rock got the best of my Mopar foglamp lens. I called my local dealer to get the part. He tells me that he can't order just the lens I have to get the whole assembly even though my light works fine otherwise. If anyone has an old non working Mopar Foglamp, I'll be happy to take it off your hands for a reasonable price. All I really need is the glass lens off of it.

Thanks,

RJ

00 TJ Sport
Reply to
RJS_Chgo

I have the same problem.

matt

Reply to
Matt

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

It's not just Mopar, Hella also wont do lens replacement, I gather most other manufacturers wont. PITA.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Well at $149 for the assembly I'll pass. Time to start lookng at the junkyards.

Reply to
RJS_Chgo

This is standard practice among all auxiliary lamp makers. It applies to the cruddy Mopar fog lamps and the good Cibies, Hellas, Bosches, Carellos, Marchals, etc. alike. There have been relatively few auxiliary lamps made in the last several decades on which the lens can be replaced individually. Much more commonly, the "light unit" (also called the "lens-reflector unit" or "optic unit"), consisting of the bonded lens and reflector, is the replaceable service part. Sometimes, however, there is no lens-reflector unit available. At times like that, your choice is either to swallow hard and pay the bucks for a new one of what you already have, or change to a fog lamp design that *will* let you replace just the lens-reflector instead of having to buy the whole unit. Examples of such lamps that have similar dimensions to your current lamps would be Cibie Tango 40 or Hella 500.

DS dastern "at" vrx "dot" net

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

JEEPSAREUS.COM sells single OEM foglight replacements for $61.00. Part number Code: MB27. Hope this helps.

Clem

Reply to
Clem albright

Thanks Clem. I'll look into this.

RJ

Reply to
RJS_Chgo

Check out eBay. I saw a factory take off set and an individual one on there yesterday.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Fuqua