Parts Wanted: Transmission Brake Expander for Series Landrover

I decided to find out why the handbrake wasn't working any more on our tatty Series 2A/3 yesterday so I spent an uncomfortable half-hour scrambling around underneath it getting the brake drum off.

The problem was immediately apparent as a wire clip and broken piece of casting immediately dropped onto my chest.

The brake shoe expander unit has cracked in two, hence why the pads aren't engaging the drum anymore. For anyone not sure what I mean this is the bit that surrounds the rod that the handbrake pulls forwards from the drum to spread the brake shoes apart.

I don't suppose anyone's got one laying around they'd consider selling me? Presumably they're the same on all Series Landrovers.

Cheers Gary (on the Isle of Mull)

Reply to
Gary Sutherland

Now sorted. Found one on E-Bay at a good price.

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland