disco air con

How hard is it to install air con in a 1995 V8 Dicscovery. Maybe one off a broken Discovery or an after market one? Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

Matford Land Roverin Exeter are currently offering genuine 300TDi air conditioning kits fro £450 which seem good value - might be worth asking if this would also fit a V8 or if they have any V8 ones going as well.

As for fitting, it's a big messy job with the dash out.

Reply to
Exit

Just pull the dash out and get stuck in there!!!!!! I did on my '98 and never looked back.

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair

Alistair, where did you get yours from? was a kit or from a breakers ? Richard

Reply to
Richard

Richard, mine is a Diavia kit (Italian Im led to believe) It was fitted to a Disco at a dealer and then he wanted a genuine one at £1700!!! So this kit was offered to me at a price I could not refuse... So in it went. Just had to buy a new reciever drier and have it gased up - fantastic. Yes getting the dash out was alittle tideous on your own, but when its out the way, its a piece of cake. My biggest fear was the air bag, but after I had removed it, it was plain sailing.

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair

Alistair, I have been in touch with a local company who will sell me a Diavia kit for £975 or install it for £1300. How do you find the Diavia one? We had air con in our last Range Rover and it was superb, does yours work well? Richard

Reply to
Richard

Yes it runs well indeed. I recently took out the old dial type heater settings and installed full climate control from a series 2 disco, blend servos and distribution servo. Had to make an interface to control the Diavia kit. I have configured it to pull in the compressor clutch (untill the system pressure either goes to high or indeed too low) and the condensor fans run at their full speed all the time aircon is requested.I have also installed a stepper motor to raise the tick-over speed up on the fuel pump, when the sustem is on. Works fantasticly well. I have seen in this months LRO somewhere where they are selling a kit (non genuine) for £450.... could also be worth looking at, I will try and find the ad for you.

Regards

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair

hi, that would be great if you can find the ad. whereabouts are you? I am in kent Richard

Reply to
Richard

Im in Banbury, Oxfordshire

Reply to