Pausing for a moment...

Cop a load of this!

?id=40766 Very interesting indeed.

Reply to
Harry Haynes

As time goes by they become less and less land rovers and less desirable for me to own. I am really getting to appreciate my box on wheels, holes in the floor notwithstanding.

Reply to
Larry
*sigh*

Take an awesome offroad machine and try and turn into an XKR

*yawn*

Drove an XKR.....it's too remote. You get no feeling of the speed you are going and stuff. No feedback. Boring.

Hey, but if you want a racing car shaped like a brick, then please...buy one :)

Me, I prefer live axles, vague steering, crap CofG and the wonder that if you do actually get up to a decent speed....will the brakes be needed to slow you down (hahahaha) or just the box shape!

Reply to
<metalthrasher

?id=40766>

They've nicked my paint scheme, the gits.

Reply to
HobGobSnakyWaky

A fascination for Discoveries. Luvverly.

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Hmm. Another "proper" landrover bites the dust.

I stick with my old saying - if it's not got a chassis and leaf springs, it's not a proper Landy.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

That's the whole point. I owned an XJR for about a year (traded a Nissan 200SX for it), and never tired of making Imprezas look silly. All this while the car did the gear shifting, traction control, warmed my arse and adjusted the mirrors for me.

It was never boring, but if you want a track car you don't want a Jag. If you want to do 155 mph and 4mpg there is, IMHO, no better way to do it.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I preferred the old XJ-S - they just seemed more of a drivers car, and indeed made the Imprezas look silly.

Also made me look silly the first night I took it out. Never driven an auto box before you see. Driving it during the day I had felt the gearbox drop a gear to pull away when I put the foot down. Thought I knew what kickdown felt like.

So - on the A41 I pull out to overtake a Metro, put the foot to the floor. Damned if the thing doesn't drop *2* gears and accelerate like a bat out of hell. I was doing 115 before I realised what was going on and hit the brakes.

I had somebody do an acceleration test on this car - 0-60 in 4.7 seconds,

60-100 in around another 4.

This car was a hell of a lot of fun, not a good thing to jump into straight out of a Maverick (0-60 eventually, 96mph top speed) and an absolute drain on money. I spent more on maintaining it than I spent on fuel, and given the 8mpg I was getting that was scary.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

kickdown

Cars... pah! I spit on your 4 wheels! ;-) For a motorbike, that's a bit lardy-arsed. Plus you'll get around

50+mpg. Bikes are waaaaaay more exciting than any car and far safer for other road users but bikes aren't for everyone.

Personally I think a well-sorted SeriesII is the pinnacle of Land Rover's achievements. They've been bettered technologically since then but they've all lost some something along the way. Still, market forces and all that...

Reply to
PDannyD

"PDannyD"

Just fixed Percys Carbs.......BLOODY HELL!!!! I've not even tuned it properly yet and took it for a run...

There really should be a government health warning on Him...much better now he's not running on Princess jets and needles....

Thank goodness that I only put the standard Jag ones in.

Instantly sounded better.. no more flat spot...just some pre-ignition to sort , balance and emmisions to do but still goes like stink...and I thought it was quick before.

: - )

Lee D

--

- Landrover projects site ________________________________ Attending Landrover events? Read
- You decide, Be informed - be alert. ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Bet it wouldn't make it as far as Sheffield... ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

... or at least not on a single tank of petrol :-))

Reply to
QrizB

mp3! mp3! mp3!

Reply to
PDannyD

Too right...went to the tip this morning...was a quick trip with visible movement on the fuel.

Next job , tune it... possibly tomorrow as pub grub had to be rinsed down by several pints today.

I've started saving for donnington...just need a couple more jerry cans ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

How about one of those trailer tank jobbies?

500 Gallon should be enough :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On or around Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:55:58 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

and you could rig a fuel line and pump so you could refuel the vehicle tank without stopping...

hmmm... in-flight refuelling on the M1 - set up a 101GS as a tanker, and the others can come alongside to get fuel...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

With a long queue of very unhappy truckers stuck in the inside and middle lanes!

"Well mi lud, when we first got the call we thought it was another road blocking protest. Upon reaching the scene we found a 35 year old military gun tractor refuelling a heavily disguised Jaguar luxury saloon..."

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

/me goes to design a refuelling drogue for Landies.

What do you reckon - three separate suspended booms, so the tanker can drive in the middle lane and fuel 3 others at at time?

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Make it four - I'll stick a big funnel on the top of the 101 and you can drop a few gallons in as you pass me on the hard shoulder...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Think you could add an LPG tank and dispenser as well, then I'll be happy to join your little fuelling convoy, as, no doubt, will Austin.

Cheers, Badger.

Reply to
Badger