peterborough show

Hi guys, Sorry if i've been out of the picture a bit but is there a show at peterbourgh this year or was the malvern show in it's place? if so what are the dates for peterbourgh?cheers ian

Reply to
Ian Hamilton

P'boro - tomorrow and sunday. Run by Live promotions at Pboro as LRO went to Malvern this year.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Was up that way last weekend, it's Saturday 10th, Sunday the 11th. Hopefully i'll get up there on sun :)

Reply to
Alex Threlfall

Reply to
Ian Hamilton

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:57:48 GMT, Alex Threlfall scribbled the following nonsense:

Distinct lack of sun..... They have renamed the venue the East of England Sommeground....

People took the piss for me and martyn spending the whole weekend wearing sandals, but then their trainers got wet and they had no other footwear.... Sandals and feet dried nicely, and only needed rinsing under a tap after finishing wandering around....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

so Simon Isaacs was, like...

TMI.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I'm used to it - I wear them all through the year...

Cheaper washing feet than polishing shoes...

Reply to
Mother

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Simon Isaacs at snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote on 11/9/05 7:27 pm:

We went. Had a walk round on the Saturday in between the rain and got quite a few of the bits that we'd got on the list. Saw the purple 101 on the way round with the intention of calling back later, but instead I managed to twist my knee, pop the cartilage out and ended up in the caravan for the rest of the weekend.

Kids quite enjoyed themselves though and decided that sandals or no shoes at all were best, jumped in puddles and threw large amounts of grass clippings at each other, which got absolutely everywhere.

Reply to
Nikki

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother at "@ {mother} @"@101fc.net wrote on 12/9/05 2:25 pm:

do you wear socks?

Reply to
Nikki

I have fewer socks than shoes...

Anyway, are you calling me a minger or what???

Reply to
Mother

Pity they didn't piss on your toes then.....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Don't get much snow in your part of the world then or decent frosts come to that?

Socks and sandals, oh no, it'll be the Harris Tweed jacket with leather elbow patches next, a long with baggy kahki shorts.

As for polishing shoes who does that? If the conditions warrant warm and/or waterproof footwear it's wellies or walking boots. Only the walking boots get any attention in the form of the application of dubbin once a year or so.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother at "@ {mother} @"@101fc.net wrote on 12/9/05 4:29 pm:

I don't have any socks. I wear Bruce's and I've got loads of shoes.

No. I just wondered if you did or not.

Reply to
Nikki

so Nikki was, like...

If he admits to that, I'll never speak to him again!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:11:47 GMT, Nikki scribbled the following nonsense:

Hasn't every woman?

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Simon Isaacs at snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote on 12/9/05 8:47 pm:

Probably!

Reply to
Nikki

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.howhill.com, Dave Liquorice at snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com wrote on 12/9/05 4:57 pm:

You forgot the pipe and half-moon glasses.

Bruce says that sounds sensible. He's got quite alot of boots and shoes actually and last count he had more than me.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:25:13 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

me too, except when working on stuff which is mucky or wet, when I use boots.

I do wear big solid boots for field archery, but that's got elements of hill walking and stuff plus the need to stand still on silly slopes, and as such the extra support comes in handy. It's often muddy, too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:33:53 GMT, Nikki enlightened us thusly:

I mostly wear socks with sandals, but not in very hot weather.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Jesus!

Is the Tea cosey to take the attention from the feet ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D