Photoshopping U/W Pics

Since it seems to be digital photography week...

Does anyone have any tips, or is there an idiots guide anywhere to tweaking underwater pics in photoshop (or similar)to correct colour balance (specifically the very blue casts I got a year or two back in the red sea when using a digital camera at anything more than 10 or so meters down without an external strobe).

I've never really spent much time in photoshop, but when I have tried randomly moving red and blue and green sliders about, it doesn't really seem to achieve what I am looking for.

I did try a plug in filter (Digital ROC from memory?) which seemed to do the right sort of thing, but I suspect that with a little bit more knowledge, it would b possible to produce better results manually.

David

Reply to
rads

Damn, wrong NG. (Hi from uk.rec.scuba!) David

Reply to
rads

Twas Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:59:51 +0100 when rads put finger to keyboard producing:

I was about the reply then too.....

you need to tweak the colour balance, most notably adjust the colour temperature, you need to make it warmer to remove the blue colour cast.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Cough, splutter... just for a brief moment, I misread that...

Anyway - No.

In a similar vein though, does anyone have any pointers on how to 'properly use' Corel PhotoPaint? Websites, tips, (cheap) books?

I'm 'kin determined to get to grips with this ere graphics lark.

Reply to
Mother