Ping Austin - re EGR valve

Disco 300Tdi 1996 Further to our discussions some time ago, I have now blocked the EGR valve - a £2 coin fits perfectly. A bit of firegum should stop it rattling if it does come loose, but it's OK so far after about 100 miles.

The resulting cleaner air has allowed a further quarter turn tweak on the main fuel adjuster with the result that it pulls better from low revs, is smoother at high revs and has a freer, more powerful engine allround. I have been getting 27 to 31 mpg, we'll see if that gets better still. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

I'm glad someone has found a use for the damn things.

Sounds like £2 well spent :)

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Wed, 09 Aug 2006 04:19:32 +0100, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

bugger that. I used a 2p on ours, I think.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cheapskate!

Reply to
GbH

Well spent I'd say. I did try the 2p but it was too small by a long chalk. Earliest indications are that the mpg is about the same at 31 mpg but I have been giving it a pasting. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB