Please can someone explain wheel sizing..?

I've got a land rover wheel which is stamped "7J16" inside. What does this mean (beyond the fact that it is 16" in diameter)?

I've found plenty of info on the net about tyre sizes but very little on wheel sizes.

Thanks.

McBad

Lots of info on tyre and wheel markings at

EMB

There's quite a nice description here:

Dougal

7J means that the rim is 7 inches wide, 16 means 16 inches diameter.

Tezza

Reply to
terry

7J means 7 inches wide, 16 means 16 inches diameter, as you say.

Tezza

Reply to
terry

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know. (I've also bookmarked the suggested sites.)

All the best,

McBad

This website is very good. I've not seen a site where all the info you could ever want on wheels is so well described in one place. Hopefully I'll remember where I bookmarked it next time I need wheel answers.

I'm currently looking for a similar description of recovery techniques using a Jackall or HiLift. Sure I've got one bookmarked, but as usual it is one of hundreds with similr names. Any suggestions?

David

Reply to
DavidM