Tyre sizing help needed please

I currently have 185/65R15 tyres on steel wheels on my Saab 900.

I've got some Saab alloys that currently have 205/50R16 tyres on them, which I assume will be ok, since on Saab wheels from a 900.

I also have some tyres that are 205/55 R16 which have good tread that I could replace on the Saab alloys.

Question is - does anyone know of a calculator on-line so that I can compare the diameters etc?

Also, does anyone have any larger profile tyres on Saab 16 inch alloys? I am seeking comfort and ecomony much more than handling etc, so larger profile tyres 205/60 or 205/65 would be ideal, but obviously they could scrape on the wheel arches or suspesion etc if they are too big.

Any thoughts and help please?

Thanks. Rob

Reply to
Kalico

Kalico ( snipped-for-privacy@kalico.spam) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The only things you need to know are :-

The profile (65) is expressed as a percentage of the tread width (185mm). There are 25.4mm in one inch.

You may find spreadsheets.google.com helpful if you don't have a spreadsheet installed on your computer.

Reply to
Adrian

Kalico wrote: || I currently have 185/65R15 tyres on steel wheels on my Saab 900. || || I've got some Saab alloys that currently have 205/50R16 tyres on || them, which I assume will be ok, since on Saab wheels from a 900. || || I also have some tyres that are 205/55 R16 which have good tread that || I could replace on the Saab alloys. || || Question is - does anyone know of a calculator on-line so that I can || compare the diameters etc?

This any good to you?

Rob

Absolutely brilliant. Thanks a million.

How likely is it that an increase of say 10-15mm will scrape on the wheel arches, do you know?

Rob

Reply to
Kalico

Mathew