R/R 4.0 or 4.6 hse

I am looking for a R/R have found a few but am unsure as to what engine i should concentrate on,on paper the 4.6 seems to be slightly better on fuel,anybody shed some light on this.What are your experiances? mny thx Tim

Reply to
Tim

They are both heavy on fuel & to be honest there aint much in it. 4.6 every time for me.

Make sure you do the usual checks for engine wear & coolant pressure/loss.

I had a 4.6 HSE & it was a great package. It had 150k on the clock & it needed head gaskets doing, thats all!

Buy one & enjoy it mate. Wish i still had mine to be honest.

Reply to
Nige

Covert it to LPG and your wallet might also enjoy it.

Reply to
hugh

Plan to take it offroad? Earlier 4.0s didn't have traction control- might be a decider for you. Came in (rear axle only) around '98-'99, may have gone to

4-channel with the last ones. All HSEs had rear traction control, later had front as well.

Reply to
Natalie Drest