RAC man made me laugh!

Stopped by an RAC man trying to persuade me to join up, says all his engineers have laptops to plug in to diagnose faults. On a 1986 2.5 petrol 90! Yeh right.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

What he meant is that they'll connect to t' internet and ask questions in here ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

i know that :-) when i broke down with my 88lw the dutch aa guy asked me where the plug was, i told him it was at the back, next to the towhitch. i need them to transport me, if it is fixable, i repair it myself. just like other landy owners. cheers, the dutch nutter

Reply to
the dutch nutter

No Problem !

Just tell him to connect it here.

Cheers :-)

Reply to
John

Nice one John

Reply to
Cyberwraith

On or around Thu, 16 Aug 2007 23:44:03 +0100, "John" enlightened us thusly:

in similar vein, I assume you've seen the virtual harley?

I think it's that - bloody plugin's broken here.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

So what we need to design is a fake diags socket. RAC man turns up, plugs laptop in, PIC or whatever correctly responds to laptop with 'F**ked' as diagnostic code ... RAC man gets very confuzzled! :-) So what's the interface protocol then ...?

Reply to
AJG

Yes thanks, I have come across that one before.

It's funny, but it's not very interactive is it.

There must be more could be done with that idea, but I could never get my head round Shockwave Flash :-(

Cheers John

Reply to
John

Hmm, the AA bloke that attended us didn't even have access to the correct tyre pressures for my SIII and I have bog standard 750R16 fitted as per the original so no excuses. Greg

Reply to
Greg

I thought the "correct tyre pressures" were generally sneered at around here for good reasons that now slip my feek and weeble mind?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

One reason I found is that if you run the recommended tyre pressures without a goodish load in the back most of the time, you end up with a bald strip down the middle of the tyre. That's with crossply tyres, radials aren't so critical.

I run 28psi, against the 40 psi I've seen recommended for a Series II.

Of course, in the mud, you need to fiddle sometimes to get some grip.

Tciao for Now!

John.

Reply to
John Williamson

On or around Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:56:26 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

that's mostly on discos - the SIII on 7.50s doesn't do too badly on book pressures, although if you mostly run light then the rear ones are too high.

Reply to
Austin Shackles