Intermitant wipers for a 1990 110

Ain't got it currently and would like it.

Is the an easy method without too much faff or it is it a maplins job and out with the soldering Iron?

Cheers

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Maplins job. And it's not particularly hard to do.

EMB

Nicked from another site;

-------------------- The VW/Audi group wash wipe relay contains some electronics to allow a variable intermittent wiper delay for the windscreen wipers. Times from 1/2 a second to more than 30 seconds can be set. You first select intermittent wipe, then switch it off, select intermittent again to set the time delay! Best of all the relay is a drop in replacement, just remove the current one and drop in the VW one. Get one from your nearest VW garage, part number 357 955 531.

--------------------

As for it being a drop-in replacement, might not be on the landy, the above was from a vauxhall site, but I know it's also a drop-in replacement on my lotus too.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Take care with the maplins one, I fitted it years ago to a 110 2.5 TD I had, and it would trigger the wipers at random intervals, even when you didn't want them. Seemed to be very sensitve to voltage etc, turning on the indicators would often start the wipers, and it wasn't my wiring!! In fact I've still got the module in my shed, can't be arsed to fit it to my current 110, but would be interested in this VW device.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Obviously designed by Lucas.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Stupid question, but woudl this work on an older Series Landy?

Reply to
ScoutTech

Stupid answer, yes it would!

How you'd make it work however, that's another matter.

Should be easy enough though, you'd need to get a seat for it and wire it up, then add in an intermittent wipe switch. I intend to fit one to my pinzgauer which should be similarly hard, although I have the additional issue of 24 volt electronics to overcome...

I don't know what the price is but I don't think it's too expensive, and the continuously variable wipe interval is enough of an incentive to have a go I reckon.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Works perfectly.

Reply to
Sean

Yeah that looks like a much better bet for those for whom the VW relay isn't a drop-in replacement, for a start it comes with fitting instructions. Also various versions including those to fit landies of differing vintages but no 24v version.

I'll add that one to my list for when I do the pinz, I can probably sort something out with the voltages, not sure if it's a relay based system or solid state, but those with 24v vehicles might need to look into that closer.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

One other thing he'd need... Self parking wipers. Series III wipers would be OK if the self parking facility hasn't died of old age, series IIa or earlier wouldn't. A new wiper motor off a Series III vehicle or later would be needed along with all the rewiring involved. (New switches, wiring, relays.....)

Ian, you'll find that your local Bosch/ Volvo people will have a 24 volt version available, it's used on the Volvo B12 bus & F12 lorry chassis for a start.

Tciao for Now!

John.

Reply to
John Williamson

Marvellous, thank you sir, information filed away for an on-and-off rainy day.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Please report back if you manage it first, I am on 24v too. The self timing switch is the bonus for me, one switch to do it all :D. Thanks for the hint about self parking wipers John, hadn't even thought about that, just got used to timing it right myself!

Reply to
ScoutTech

even cheaper method

Reply to