Raised Air Intake Question

Chaps,

is the raised air intake on the defender literally just a "snorkel" with a cap on the top to stop water entering or is there some sort of extractor fan in there to stop the fumes acting as a restrictor ?

Also where is it attached to the engine point as i'm looking for the distance it's running and where the cat would be

thanks

Lee

Reply to
Lee Caller

Lee,

It just that - a raised air intake. It connects to the air box. It has

*nothing* to with exhaust emissions, it's simply there to keep the intake up away fromroad dust and more usually water when wading....

Neil Found

(Fun, Friendly and FREE)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

that'll do , fantastic

Reply to
Lee Caller

Lee,

We've met at your offices. If I knew you were into Land Rovers I'd never have left ....catch a glimpse of my Land Rover at ...

Neil Brownlee Founder
(Fun, Friendly and FREE)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Bloody hell small world !!!!

I'll mail you off group then with some more questions...

Reply to
Lee Caller

Ok ;)

Neil Found

(Fun, Friendly and FREE)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

In message , Lee Caller writes

The better one's have internal baffles to cause the air to rotate inside the head thus maintaining full air flow.

Reply to
hugh