Range Rover Classic

Can anyone tell me what the max load capacity is for the rear axle on a 1972 Range Rover. Can this be increased by fitting stiffer springs if so what is the limit of the axle?

Rich

-- To reply remove " spam "

Reply to
Rich

maximum axle loads front 998 kgs rear 1506 kgs total (GVW) 2504 kgs maximum payload 780 kgs under normal use (?) the strength of the axle doesn't really enter into the equation but the design limits of the braking system and transmission would probably stop you going much farther and I bet your insurers would have a hissy fit any how Derek ( weakening to the siren call of another Rangie daily)

Reply to
Derek

Thanks for the reply Rich

Reply to