Range Rover05 model

WIth the new sat nav/tv/phone interface. Many features switch off when the handbrake is released.

Any ideas how to overide this? Rgds

Andrew

Reply to
Extie

It's going to be a case of reprogramming the ECUs which is going to be dodgy.

The new RR has one of the most fiendish computer networks I've seen in a long time, and I'm a network engineer by trade.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Remove the switch on the handbrake and wire it on so the computer thinks the handbrake is on.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

A separate switch controlling the handbrake activation sensor.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:50:39 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

It'll probably refuse to select forward motion mode. Either that or go into "limp-home" mode 'cos it's broken.

too bloody clever for it's own good, IMHO. I know where I stand with a cable and lever.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Mandy's Merc beeps continually if you try to move with the handbrake on, which is a pain when I want to use it to control a roll-back off MIL's drive or pull it on a bit sharp when pulling up on same drive and the car still thinks it's moving (and I'm not convinced it's right).

Reply to
Tim Hobbs