Range Stormer

Anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can view pictures of the 'Range Stormer'? Much appreciated!

Reply to
Ian Symonds

This months copy of CAR magazine, where you can also read an interesting test of 5 Porsche Cayennes in the desert which managed to get stuck within

100metres of the giftshop car park they left from and every 100m thereafter until all the bits of flimsy underbody plastic had been ripped off and the radiators had blown up! :)

Oh and just to make us LR owners feel even better their German corrspondent Georg Kacher has run a V10 VW Toerag for 9000 miles during which just about every component of the vehicle has failed culminating in a new engine before it reached the first service. . . . . . . .shouldn't smile I know, but if only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen! :D

Reply to
Exit

"Ian Symonds" wrote in news:bup1ja$mkb$1 @newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:

February's Land Rover Owner International has a review.

HTH,

Reply to
Geoff Lane

try Message-ID: Subject: New Range Stormer Concept Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:28:11 -0000 Newsgroups: alt.fan.landrover

Reply to
Denis F

"Denis F" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Fred Huge

and another one, the dutch land rover sie

"Fred Huge" schreef in bericht news:401025d4$0$98757$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl...

Reply to
Fred Huge

Ooh, interesting. Shame about the name still.

Reply to
David French

Now I've had a chance to look around, let's get picky.

Ayline Koning, their interior designer, says about the Möbius Strip: "You could walk on a Mobius strip indefinitely since there's no edge or end; its surface is infinite."

1) There is an edge on a Möbius strip. Exactly one. Is Koning thinking of a Klein bottle? Do they have edges? 2) The surface isn't infinite. 3) You could walk on any loop indefinitely. It's not a unique property of a Möbius strip.

So basically he/she has rather missed the point of a Möbius strip, and is talking parabolics. In fact, a sentence with 4 facts, 3 of which are wrong, is not a good start.

And to cap it all, they've consistently spelt it wrong. It's Möbius, not Mobius. ö and o are different letters.

Good job they don't make cars with that sort of attention to detail.

Reply to
David French

But having researched this a little, these pages are rather cool.

David French

Why? Its ugly and stupid. BTW...did I say that it was UGLY and STUPID?

Reply to
Jack Kerouac

Do you have a URL for the CAR website??

Reply to
fanie

On or around Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:00:15 GMT, "Exit" enlightened us thusly:

best thing about the Porsche bit is that if you have the money, anyone can go and play... sounds a fun holiday.

hehe. missed that bit, I'll have to have another look. I do like CAR, they're not afraid to call something a pile of sh*t if it is. and most of the time, the writing and photos are good, too, which almost makes up for the cover price.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:52:23 GMT, "Jack Kerouac" enlightened us thusly:

Oh I dunno. trouble is, it'll get blandified and normalised by the it's produced.

if they built it as shown, with the freaky doors and odd seats, I'd buy one (assuming I'd just won the lottery).

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Here you go:

Exit

A Bowler with a supercharged 5.0 JE motors V8 on Michelin XS Sahara tyres might be fun to show those Porkers a thing or two! :)

It's a good mag.

Reply to
Exit

Pacman

Oh TG for broabband, this site has HUGE files to download ;>

Reply to
Mac